Looking to add some classical elegance to your landscape or formal garden area. This traditional granite fountain (Prairie Style), is hand-carved of natural Giallo Fantasia Y Granite. This classical look is an ideal addition for any garden fountain, entry fountain, patio fountain, etc…
A single vessel adorns the top of a square slightly angular bush-hammered pedestal fountain with a matching catching basin. Water gracefully trickles from the top of the pedestal on all 4 sides beneath the trim, and the single vessel may be utilized as a bird bath or planter area. This fountain is a nod to the early 20th Century Prairie School movement, which was characterized by strong horizontal lines which were believed to mimic the native prairie landscape.
- Dimensions: 24″ Dia. x 48″ H.
- Material: Giallo Fantasia Y Granite
- Pump is not included – as pump size will depend on how the fountain is set up.
- Check out this Blog Post to learn more about why a GRANITE fountain is better than other more porous stones, and can essentially last FOREVER!
- And if you’d like to learn more about fountain maintenance, we have many blog posts about that in this area of our website.
- Photo is representative of the typical carving details on this fountain. Each hand carved fountain is a little different than the next based on the artisan that carved it.
- Variations in the natural stone can exhibit unique veining and coloration. So, you can be assured that no one in the world will have one EXACTLY like yours!
- Also, if this color of granite doesn’t work well with your surroundings, we also have other colors of this type of fountain here: Prairie Fountains
- Keep in mind though, that natural stone is typically a lighter color when it’s dry vs a darker/more vibrant color when it’s wet.
- Check the sample page photos, noted in the material heading above, to see what this granite looks like wet vs dry.
- If you like the lighter color, you can seal it with a product called Miracle 511 Porous Plus, to keep it that way for several years, and also make it easier to clean if algae – dirt get on it.
- Or, if you like the darker version of the color, you would seal it with a product called Miracle 511 Seal/Enhance – to keep it that color for several years (until the sealer wears off.)
Depending on how you want your fountain to sound and operate, you could also consider one of the following fountain configurations:
1. A Self-Contained Fountain.
- This is where the pump sits concealed within the bottom bowl. Only the 2 upper bowls spill water and it requires the smallest pump of all options.
- Warning, depending on relative humidity and how windy it is that day, this kind of fountain can run out of water relatively quickly.
2. A Modified Self Contained Fountain (sump-pit option)
- Still only the 2 upper bowls spill water, but you are able to include an autofill kit to maintain the water level in the fountain at all times.
- This requires a larger pump than the self-contained option.
- Pump size also depends on the distance between the sump pit and the actual fountain. The fountain and pump could be up to 20-feet apart if you would like the fountain in a courtyard but to hide the sump pit behind some shrubs or the courtyard wall.
- Here is a blog post to explain more about this kind of fountain installation: Modified Self Contained Water Fountains