Set your landscape in motion with this rotating sphere fountain. This fountain is hand carved from Giallo Fantasia granite. The sphere floats and spins freely on top of a rock face block and makes for a captivating addition to your home. This sphere Fountain is an ideal addition for any garden fountain, entry fountain, patio fountain, pound fountain, etc…
- Dimensions: 16″ H x 12″ D.
- Material: Giallo Fantasia Y Granite
- Pump is not included – as pump size will depend on how the fountain is set up.
- Check out this Blog Post to learn more about why a GRANITE fountain is better than other more porous stones, and can essentially last FOREVER!
- And if you’d like to learn more about fountain maintenance, we have many blog posts about that in this area of our website.
- Photo is representative of the typical carving details on this fountain. Each hand carved fountain is a little different than the next based on the artisan that carved it.
- Variations in the natural stone can exhibit unique veining and coloration. So, you can be assured that no one in the world will have one EXACTLY like yours!
- Also, if this color of granite doesn’t work well with your surroundings, we also have other colors of this type of fountain here: Sphere Fountains
- Keep in mind though, that natural stone is typically a lighter color when it’s dry vs a darker/more vibrant color when it’s wet.
- Check the sample page photos, noted in the material heading above, to see what this granite looks like wet vs dry.
- If you like the lighter color, you can seal it with a product called Miracle 511 Porous Plus, to keep it that way for several years, and also make it easier to clean if algae – dirt get on it.
- Or, if you like the darker version of the color, you would seal it with a product called Miracle 511 Seal/Enhance – to keep it that color for several years (until the sealer wears off.)
We recommend installing a pondless basin if you plan on using this fountain, with polished rocks at the base:
You can make a Disappearing Fountain and place this centerpiece over a pond less basin. (which is shown in the video below.)
- The pump sits within the gravel-covered plastic basin dug into the ground directly beneath the fountain and the water runs down to the polished rocks on the ground.
- An autofill kit can be mounted to the inside wall of the pondless basin basin, so then you do not even have to fill it up with a hose.
- Please note, the water must fall into rocks over the basin, wood chips should not be installed there, as they will degrade over time and foul your pump.
- Here is a blog post to explain more about this kind of fountain installation: Installing a Disappearing Fountain
- This kind of installation (as well as the modified self contained) is very good if you have many trees in the area, which would otherwise drop leaves into a pool, and cause major maintenance needs with your pump.